This is Nacho ordinary nacho. Sorry, Dad joke. Love this version, perfect for outdoor summer dining and sharing. Cut up a pack of pita bread, oil, season, and toast. These are the chips. It’s served cold with a homemade whipped Feta, instead of a hot cheese sauce. On top, chopped crunchy cucumber, diced juicy tomatoes, and shallots is essentially a Greek salad salsa. This is a vegetarian version, but you could easily add protein like shrimp, lamb, or chicken. If you are a planner, you could make the pita chips days before and also the whipped feta. Just assemble right before serving.
Immersion blender or regular blender
1 block Feta
1/4 cup olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 cup Greek yoghurt
1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded and chopped
2 shallots, diced
1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/3 cup sliced black Kalamata olives
Fresh dill and parsley
1 pack of fresh pita, 6 pieces cut into triangles, nacho chip size
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp each of Salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, chili flakes
1. Make pita chips. Preheat oven to 350F convection.
2. In a large bowl combine cut pita bread with olive oil and all the seasonings.
3. Toast in a single layer on a large baking sheet for 10 minutes or until crisp. Arrange on the serving platter and set aside.
4. While pita bread is toasting, make whipped Feta. Combine in a blender or use an immersion blender the Feta, Greek yoghurt, olive oil and lemon juice. Taste and add salt pepper to taste.
5. Assemble by dolloping on whipped Feta on top of the toasted pita chips.
6. Then sprinkle on the chopped cucumber, diced tomatoes, and shallots.
7. Top with sliced olives, chopped parsley and dill. Serve immediately.
Let me know if you make it, and feel free to tag me on Instagram @wherelizis